Each year AMF hosts The Outperformers – a national-level western vocal competition that is open to singers aged up to and including 18 years. The aim of the competition is not just to provide a platform for competing, but to encourage and support talent and camaraderie among aspiring singers of the future. Outperformers has continuously raised the bar in terms of the number and quality of participants and the reach of its presence. No matter what part of the country you are located in, we hope you will encourage your students/children to be a part of this prestigious competition.
Be more than you can be!
We have three competition categories based on age*
- Category A: For ages 12 and below
- Category B: For ages 13‒15
- Category C: For ages 16‒18
*Participant’s age as on 1st October 2018
Participants may sing songs from any western music genre of their choice.
- Cash prize of Rs 50,000 to 3 First Place winners.
- Cash prize of Rs 25,000 to 3 Second Place winners.
- Cash prize of Rs 10,000 to all other Finalists.
- 50% scholarship on TSM’s Pro Kids/Pro Junior programs to 3 First Place winners.
- 25% scholarship on TSM’s Pro Kids/Pro Junior programs to 3 Second Place winners.
The AMF Scholarship
Each year at Outperformers, we give away a scholarship of Rs 50,000 for further studies in music to an exceptionally talented vocalist/instrumentalist in need of financial aid. Scholarship applicants must be aged 21 years or under.
How to Apply
All scholarship applicants must undergo an interview and audition. To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your full name, date of birth, address, and contact number
- A short essay, detailing (1) your involvement with and intent towards music and (2) why you are in need of the scholarship
- A recommendation letter from your music teacher
- A video of you performing
- A scanned copy of any government recognized document that serves as proof of age
- Please note: Beginners or those who are planning to start taking music classes are not eligible.